The big day, the day that brides spend months planning and preparing for, can be stressful to say the least.
While we hope that the day of the wedding goes smoothly, there is still the possibility for mini emergencies and last minute fashion mishaps that can fluster even the most calm and collected bride-to-be. Planning for the unexpected little hiccups the day of the wedding though can help keep the entire wedding party happy and worry free.
We recently found this great Bridetastic Deluxe Wedding Emergency Kit by Pinch Provisions that features “101 wedding day essentials” that come in a gold and silver presentation box. While this is an amazing idea, we thought it might be much more fun to DIY an “emergency kit”.
To create a more personalized “emergency kit” as a gift for the bride, we have a list of essentials to pack:
- Pain and headache relief medicine (such as Aleve or Tylenol)
- Hand sanitizer
- Rice paper blotting tissues (gets rid of shine without messing up flawless make-up)
- Bobby pins
- Safety pins
- Mini sewing kit
- Double sided tape
- Hem tape
- Lint roller
- White chalk (to cover up a small stain on the wedding dress)
- Stain removing pen
- Travel size hair spray (not only to help keep hair in place but also to help stop static cling)
- Clear nail polish (to stop any snags or runs in pantyhose)
- Dental floss
- Bottle of water
- Bandages and/or a mini first aid kit
- Tampons and sanitary napkins
- Lip balm
- Emery board
A few non-essential but fun ideas to include:
- “Replacement” rings (such as plastic silver rings from a dollar store or Ring Pops)
- Notepad and pen (for finishing last minute vows or wedding toasts)
- Small coloring book or puzzle book (to keep the flower girl busy)
- A bag of the brides favorite chocolates
- Snack bars or granola bars
- Personalized note
- Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue
When putting together this kit you can place everything in a gift basket and wrap it in cellophane that matches the wedding colors or decorate the basket to fit the wedding theme. You can also package it all in a large make-up bag or tote bag that has a zipper to go with the theme and colors of the wedding.
If you are a wedding guest trying to think of a unique bridal shower gift or a bridesmaid prepping for the wedding, these little essentials can help make the big day a lot less stressful.