Looking for that fairy tale venue, one that has numerous amenities- think custom built vintage mobile bars, hair and make-up salon, groom’s den, and more, then you have to check out Burlington Plantation between Richmond and Williamsburg.
The area’s newest venue, they are open and ready to host your wedding either outdoors or indoors, as they have several options and buildings on the property.
Here’s some facts that Burlington offers to help determine if you are ready to schedule a tour…
Q: What Is Burlington Plantation?
A: Burlington Plantation’s Main House is a classic planter’s home built circa 1818. The property includes:
- Quaint Bride’s Cottage with ample room for day-of preparations.
- The unique Ice House bar which sits atop the circa 1700s brick ice pit.
- The Carriage House, the first floor providing a generous space for indoor cocktail hour with a gorgeous antique bar and the second floor lofted Groom’s Den providing additional space for day-of event prep and/or a cozy nook for a babysitter and young guests.
- The Stables at Burlington. This ballroom features nearly 5,000 square feet of open event space, soft natural light from its cupolas, ample windows and French doors and high-end, elegant accents including multiple stunning chandeliers. Lofted mezzanine can be used for a grand wedding party entrance or additional seating for large events.
- The Stables is home to a brand-new, state-of-the-art warming kitchen for catering needs.
- For outdoor celebrations, charming Carriage Loop and scenic Sunken Garden can accommodate large or small events.
- All of our buildings feature modern amenities – heating and cooling, backup generators, and WIFI.
Q: Where Is Burlington Plantation?
A: Burlington Plantation is located in Charles City County, Virginia, conveniently nestled between Richmond and Williamsburg. The venue is a short drive from locally and nationally known restaurants, shops, and hotels.
Q: What Is There To Do Around Burlington Plantation?
A: Burlington Plantation is within a short drive of a number of Virginia attractions. We are situated along the Virginia Capital Trail, a 55 mile-long pedestrian and bicycle path connecting the capitals of Jamestown and Richmond. This region offers a host of award-winning wineries, fine dining, upscale shopping, theme parks, historical sites and cultural tours. See our Area Attractions page to plan your weekend activities.
Q: How Do I Reserve Burlington Plantation For My Event?
A: Contact us to schedule an appointment. Rates vary by season and event type. Please consult our Services page for pricing.
Q: How Many People Can I Host At Burlington Plantation?
A: Our flexible indoor and outdoor spaces can accommodate a range of event sizes.
- The Stables will host up to 500 guests indoors cocktail-style; up to 300 for a seated dinner reception.
- The Carriage Loop can accommodate up to 300 guests comfortably.
- The Sunken Garden is ideal for groups of 60 to 80.
- The Main House, Carriage House or Ice House are ideal for 30 to 40 guests.
- Groom’s Den or Bride’s Cottage are designed for small groups of up to 10 adults each.
Q: What Are My Options For A Weather Contingency Plan?
A: You never need to worry about the weather interfering with your event at Burlington Plantation! In the case of inclement weather, outdoor ceremonies and events are held in the The Stables grand ballroom. Generators provide uninterrupted power so your special day won’t miss a beat!
Q: May I Stay Overnight At Burlington Plantation?
- There are two charming bedrooms in the Main House, each with two twin beds;
- Three sleeping rooms in the Bride’s Cottage with queen and twin beds accommodating up to 8 adults; and
- A sleeper sofa in the Groom’s Den to accommodate 2 adults.
Each building is equipped with at least one full bathroom. The Groom’s Den and Bride’s Cottage each have a full kitchen for guests’ convenience.
Q: Will Burlington Plantation Host Multiple Events At Once?
A: As our guest, you are our priority and will receive our very best individualized attention, as we only allow one event at a time.
Q: Do I Need A Wedding Planner/Day-Of Coordinator?
A: At this time, Burlington Plantation does not provide wedding planning services and we strongly recommend you hire a day-of wedding coordinator. Burlington Plantation staff and representatives are in place day-of event to provide you with the very best venue services only. Please refer to our Services page for details.
Q: May I Hold My Rehearsal Dinner At Burlington Plantation?
A: We would be delighted for you to rent the property for your rehearsal dinner. When you rent the property for your event, a 1 hour ceremony rehearsal is included in the rental price. Should you wish, you may rent the property solely as a rehearsal dinner destination or in addition to your day-of-event rental. Please refer to our Services page for options on hosting your guests for a rehearsal dinner on the property.
Q: May I Bring My Own Caterer?
A: At Burlington Plantation events, guests may choose their own vendors, with the following requirements:
The vendor must be approved by Burlington management;
Provide three client references;
Possess current business license;
Possess current business event insurance;
If serving alcohol, provide valid ABC license for the event.
Please contact Burlington Plantation staff with any questions regarding vendors.
If you are planning a wedding in Roanoke Virginia, Richmond Virginia, Fredericksburg/Northern Virginia, The Shenandoah Valley, Coastal Virginia or in Charlottesville Va, we can help with your wedding planning and ideas.