SANDERLING RESORT TRANSFORMS INTO THE ULTIMATE WEDDING PLANNING DESTINATION
AS HOST OF THE 2016 OUTER BANKS WEDDING SHOWCASE
Experiential day-long event offers a one-stop wedding planning shop with the region’s foremost event professionals and resources for couples to plan weddings of a lifetime on the Outer Banks
Duck, North Carolina (January 15, 2016) – Sanderling Resort, the Outer Banks’ only AAA Four Diamond resort and spa, will transform into a full-property wedding experience as it hosts the Outer Banks Wedding Showcase on Saturday, March 19, 2016. From 11am-4pm, couples and nuptial enthusiasts considering a wedding on the Outer Banks can gather with the area’s premier wedding experts—from pastry chefs and florists to photographers, musicians and even officiants—to design the wedding of their dreams, with inspiration from Sanderling Resort’s stunning sea and sound front venues.
Throughout the 2016 Outer Banks Wedding Showcase, guests can meander the picturesque grounds of Sanderling Resort and be immersed in the sights, sounds, design and flavor possibilities available for creating their uniquely personalized Outer Banks wedding of a lifetime. Exciting experiential opportunities include:
- Sanderling Relaxation Lounge by the Spa at Sanderling team, featuring complimentary bridal hair and makeup consultations with the Spa’s styling professionals and an array of complimentary 15 minute treatments to keep brides-to-be relaxed and ready to plan their wedding. Spa specialists will be offering anti-aging hand treatments, rejuvenating foot treatments, chair massages, one-on-one tours with a dedicated spa concierge and more.
- Twelve artfully designed tablescapes will be displayed (and one will be voted as the bride’s favorite) throughout the resort showcasing diverse themes, unique linen options and floral design from talented event designers.
- Brooke Mayo Photographers who will set up a suite for mini “Sassybuns” boudoir sessions with brides-to-be, giving them the perfect gift for their groom on their wedding day.
- Activities and live-music performances by the area’s acclaimed vendors including steel drum performers, stunning dove releases, photo booth prop fun, and more.
- Giveaways and goodie bags for all attending brides with wedding planning essentials (spa/beauty product samples, the latest bridal magazines, and much more)
Nestled on the Currituck Sound just steps from peaceful waters and breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, Sanderling Resort, a “Style Me Pretty” Little Black Book Member and Southern Living Weddings affiliate, is the Outer Banks premiere wedding destination. The idyllic resort features and array of enchanting venues including the indoor/outdoor Pavilion, a 1,500-square-foot Event House, and an outdoor deck ideal for ceremonies and receptions, complete with a fire pit for group gatherings.
Sanderling Wedding Showcase – 2
Additionally, the Event Lawn, situated on the Atlantic end of the property, is perfectly manicured for weddings and special events and is complete with an observation deck steps from the ocean.
In 2015, the resort added 24 new guest rooms, all with ocean or sound views and many with flexible configuration capabilities to connect families and wedding parties. With newly expanded accommodations, Sanderling Resort presents an all-encompassing wedding venue, with spaces for members of the wedding party and guests to wine, dine, swim and be pampered as well as celebrate.
Additional information on the Wedding Showcase, including an up-to-date roster of vendors and ticket purchases, can be found at www.sanderling-resort.com/weddings-showcase.php. Tickets are $20 per person and can be picked up at Sanderling Resort the day of the event.
For those interested in attending the 2016 Wedding Show, a special nightly rate of $149 at Sanderling Resort will be available March 16-20, 2016 by calling reservations at 877.650.4812 or booking online using the group code: SHOW2016.
About Sanderling Resort
Sanderling Resort, the only AAA Four Diamond resort on the Outer Banks of Duck, NC, has beckoned families and couples to its picturesque shores for generations. In 2016, the treasured destination will turn the page to a new chapter with the completion of a multi-phase, transformative renovation project, revealing a fully enhanced resort experience with stunning new guestroom design, culinary approach, luxurious and effective spa therapies and outdoor activities with a distinct sense of place. Sprawled across 13 acres between the Atlantic Ocean and the serene Currituck, Sanderling boasts 120 guest rooms and suites in addition to five rental homes. Amenities include two dune-side pools, oversized fire pits and the award-winning Spa at Sanderling. Dining options include the Beach House Lobby Bar; the AAA Four-Diamond Kimball’s Kitchen for local, sustainable fare, Lifesaving Station and No. 5 Bar for a casual dining experience with Carolina cuisine; and the Sandbar’s outdoor deck for poolside refreshments. For brides and meeting planners, Sanderling features more than 12,000 square feet of updated indoor and outdoor event space, offering a venue to suit every taste. Sanderling is the premier destination to experience southern hospitality and luxurious amenities in a relaxed, tranquil setting. For more information, please visit www.sanderling-resort.com or call (877) 650-4812.