On Friday, the Supreme Court decided once and for all that all states must allow same-sex marriage! Social media blew up all weekend with rainbow profile pictures, so you might have seen lots of little thumbnails like this all over your feed!
Aren’t Hannah and Kelly the cutest?
In honor of such a historic ruling, we’d like to use this opportunity to give you some basic ideas for your own LGBT wedding! Same-sex marriage has been legal in Virginia since this past October, but allowing it in all 50 states is definitely a reason to celebrate!
Here, we’ve compiled our own list of some fun ways to celebrate your LGBT wedding:
1. Have your bakery layer the inside of your cake with different colors to create a rainbow when you cut into it.
2. Match your jewelry! Especially for two women, where one wears a tuxedo and one wears a gown. Wear similar accessories to match your looks.
3. Wear rainbow Chucks underneath your dress!
4. Have your flower girl carry a sign that says “Here come the Brides!” or “Here come the Grooms!”
5. Walk each other down the aisle.
6. Ditch the idea of different sides for the bride and groom, and arrange your guests in a circle or encourage them to “pick a seat, not a side.”
7. Do whimsical save-the-dates, inviting your friends to family to “finally” be able to share in your joy on your special day.