Brooklyn fashion house will debut exclusive pieces at New York City’s most celebrated bridal retailer.
NEW YORK, NY (AUGUST 2015)—Lakum, purveyor of exceptionally handcrafted runway-inspired gowns, will be launching at Kleinfeld in New York City on August 27th, 2015, followed by an exclusive selling event on September 15 and 17, 2015 featuring the complete collection. Additionally, the Leanne, one of Lakum’s standout pieces, is currently featured in Kleinfeld’s window—a coveted spot reserved for truly exceptional gowns—and will remain on display until October 1, 2015. The retailer will be carrying nine new pieces from their Spring 2016 Collection as well as three new pieces designed exclusively for Kleinfeld, including:
Angela – Exclusive to Kleinfeld, this dress is now available in a luxe Indian silk satin, which highlights the elegance of its front cutout and open back. While the fabric is coveted for its color, shine, weight and texture, what truly sets this dress apart is Lakum’s custom belt designed in house with hand curled gold and silver floral sequins, and inlaid with luxurious crystals.
Molly – This elegant halter gown features a chaotic mesh overlay, hand sewn appliques and a grand train. The Japanese mesh adds a touch of drama with its lightweight texture and high fashion sensibility. The two-toned embroidered floral appliqués stand out with their gilded edging. For Kleinfeld, this dress is now available in Pure White.
Michelle – This liquid dual-faced satin gown features a plunging neckline, low back and crossed spaghetti straps. The structured bodice is accentuated by an elegant box pleat and flowing train. Available exclusively in Pure White.
Leanne – This floor-length gown is made of Japanese lace and filled with exceptional detailing. Both lightweight and dramatic, this gown includes an open back and full-length train.
Other Lakum classics available at Kleinfeld will include:
- Allison – A statement piece of the collection, the Allison is a fashion forward jumpsuit that is both elegant and modern.
- Amy – A drop-waist halter neck gown, the Amy features a combination of ultra-lux, double-faced satin and a neoprene burnout lace.
- Courtney – This sleek gown exudes drama with its front and back V, double shoulder straps and an elegant statement train.
- Monica Top & Mae Skirt – The Monica bustier features a feminine front bow and flat paneled back. This top matches back to the a-line Mae skirt, both offered in heavy silk satin.
- Sally – This gown features a deep front and back V, a lavish ballroom skirt with rich pleating at the princess line and side slit pockets.
- Suzanne – This weightless gown features hundreds of individually embroidered silk rosettes, a high cowl neck and a full skirt with a contrasting belt.
- Veronica – This tea length silk dress features hand sewn sequin clusters made exclusively for Lakum by their team of beaders in India. The illusion one shoulder gown also features a voluminous skirt with side slit pockets.
Lakum can be found at Kleinfeld, 110 West 20th Street, New York, NY 10011, starting August 27th 2015. Lakum’s complete collection can be experienced at www.lakumcollection.com
Lakum, launched in October 2014, is the brainchild of Sathya Balakumar and Heather Green. A Brooklyn-based atelier, Lakum is cultivating a new luxury in the wedding dress market. A brand that celebrates exquisite custom fabrications and handcrafted trims, the line is designed for the bride seeking to express her individuality. Inspired by haute couture, Lakum’s atypical dresses are classic but modern, traditional yet contemporary.
About Kleinfeld Bridal
Founded in 1941, Kleinfeld is the largest luxury bridal retailer in the world, carrying an unparalleled selection of American and European designer gowns. The 35,000 square-foot flagship salon is located in the heart of Chelsea, New York City, and is host to TLC’s hit show, Say Yes to the Dress. Kleinfeld, the leader in bridal fashion, is owned by Ronald Rothstein, Mara Urshel and Wayne Rogers of M*A*S*H fame.