6 Steps to Avoid Breakouts during Acne Awareness Month
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is the most common skin disorder in the United States, affecting millions nationwide.Acne can be trigger from various causes, including hormones, stress, and unhealthy eating. However, acne is not totally out of your control. This June, during Acne Awareness Month, make the effort to avoid acne altogether. Crystal Clear Acne Clinic advises steps that can be taken to reduce or eliminate acne.
“So many people are suffering from all sorts of acne right now, from mild to severe, but you don’t have to,” affirms Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and owner of the Crystal ClearAcne Clinic, located in Fredericksburg, Va. “There are the obvious steps you can take to reduce your acne, like reducing your stress or eating healthier. However, there are certain actions that people can take which you may not have thought of before.
If you want to get rid of your acne, here are five steps you may not have thought of:
- Avoid Fabric Softeners. Fabric Softeners in the washing machine and sheets in the dryer create a waxy residue that clogs your pores. Make sure to wash your pillowcase and hand towels weekly.
- Avoid Swimming Pools. While swimming pools are refreshing during the summer months, the combination of hot and humid weather, physical exercise and chlorine leads to major acne breakouts.
- Avoid Sports Drinks. Sports drinks and sports bars contain ingredients that lead to breakouts. Try to avoid foods that contain iodized salt, seafood, seaweed, fast foods, and dairy products.
- Avoid Comedogenic Products. There are hair, make-up and sunscreen products on the market designed to avoid clogging pores and causing breakouts. Look for “non-comedogenic” labels when shopping.
- Avoid Sleeping with Make-Up. Even make-up designed not to clog pores can lead to breakouts if you sleep with it on. Let your skin breath by washing your face at least twice a day and applying moisturizer.
- Ditch the Dairy. Milk products have a tendency to create inflammation in the pore. Clogged pores and inflammation will leave you with major breakouts. Try almond, rice or coconut milk instead of cow or goats milk dairy products.
“The best way to get rid of your acne is to see a professional,” affirms Wellman. “A skin specialist will be able to identify the root of your problem and advise the best course of treatment to permanently eliminate acne.”
Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new full-service skin care clinic located at located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic offers skin care treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including acne, acne rosacea, and aging. The clinic is owned by serial entrepreneur Crystal Wellman, who is a Master Aesthetician and also owns Ladyburg, a handcrafted bath and body store. She is also a certified acne specialist, and is also certified in the areas of oncology, dermaplane, and microdermabrasion. For more information on the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic visit their website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.com.
About Crystal Clear Acne Clinic
The Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new treatment clinic, located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic is owned by Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and serial entrepreneur. Those who have skin conditions related toacne, rosacea, and aging, among others, will find unique treatment options available at the clinic. The clinic provides individual treatment plans and takes an integrative approach. For more information, visit the website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.com.
Source: American Academy of Dermatology. AcneFacts. http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/conditions/acne